Almost five years ago, I interviewed Katrina. Tonight, I sat down with here again to get her new answers and read her the answers from last time. I tried to ask the same questions as last time.
1. What jobs would you like to have when you grow up?
“Maybe a baker.”
“A groomer, not a vet because I can’t work with inside parts.”
“The most risky, an astronaut.”
2. Do you want to own your own bakery or work at someone else’s?
“Probably my own place”
3. What is your favorite game?
“Monopoly. I like claiming land and earning money and stuff and it’s really fun to get the most popular lands because you earn a lot of money from those.”
4. What is your favorite subject in school?
“Science. Mainly chemistry.”
“It’s cool to see the chemical reactions and sometimes you can make things with chemicals like that glow dough we made.”
5. What is your least favorite subject in school?
“Social studies. Sometimes it’s interesting when you get to talking about what all the people had back then, but sometimes you’re talking about them claiming land and going to war and that’s kind of boring.”
6. What is your favorite toy?
“Well I collect stuffed animals but of course Lovey is my favorite one.” (ladybug)
7. What hobbies do you have?
“Shopping, helping mom cook, watching tv and using electronics… and clogging.”
8. What is your favorite part about electronics?
“Because there’s lots of cool games you can go to and sometimes it’s something so fun you don’t want to stop and you just want to do it for days and days on. Like you know how I was with the full version of Minecraft.”
9. What is dad’s job?
“Working on the computer at home, but you use to work on a computer at another place. You do programming. You draw stuff for the Makerbot. And lately you’ve been working on your thermostat. You also email.”
10. What does dad do to make money?
“I haven’t thought about that.”
11. What is mom’s job?
(Blank look) “I really don’t know.” – I guess it was a trick question.
12. What does mom do to make money?
“Don’t know that either.”
13. What is your favorite book?
“I don’t actually know what my favorite one is, but I like 4th Grade Fairy.”
14. Why is that your favorite book?
“Because it’s filled with magic and animals and I really like both of those things.”
15. What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
“Building that roller coaster, because sometimes you had to turn the pieces sideways and sometimes there were tight fits.”
“Contacts! That was definitely hard at first. Really hard. Because it took me hours and hours and hours. I remember that day after I got them, it took until like dinner time to get them in.” (she started around 2:00)
16. Who is the president of the United States?
“Um, dad. Has election day passed and do we have a new president?”
17. What’s your favorite song?
“I don’t know, but I like Eye of the Tiger. And something that reminds me of that song is the tiger’s eye rock I have.”
18. What’s your favorite place you’ve been to?
“Probably Disneyland. Pixie Hollow.”
19. Do you want to get married when you grow up?
20. What do you want your husband to be like?
“Someone who understands me.”
21. What pets do you want to have when you’re grown up?
“Black bunny rabbit and parrot.”
“Because I think the black ones are the cutest.”
“Because I’m interested in birds and I thought it would be neat to have one and they’re colorful. And I think it’s neat the way they learn how to talk.”
22. What nicknames do you have?
23. What talents do you have?
24. What are you not good at?
“Climbing high up, whenever it’s possible I could fall.”
25. If you had $1 million, what would you buy?
“A nice house of course.”
“Give some to the poor.”
“Food and stuff I need.”
26. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
“To have my own controllable magic and that would probably be it because then I could do anything.”
27. What are you afraid of?
“The dark when it’s completely dark.”
“Whenever my Furbee wakes up when I’m holding it in my hands.”
28. What makes you happy?
“Animals, family, stuff animals.”
“Sometimes I like to color when it’s nice and quiet and peaceful.”
“And I love to rollerskate!”
29. What makes you sad?
“When I have to do homework all night and don’t get any time to play.”
“When I loosed my favorite favorite stuffed animals.”
30. How old is dad?
“33 or 32 one of those. I believe 33.”
31. How old is mom?
32. What is your favorite food?
“Mac and Cheese. Still!” (She remembered her answer from 5 years ago)
33. What is your favorite TV show?
“Now that I know about it, H20 Just Add Water.”
34. Do you want to have kids when you grow up?
35. How many kids do you want to have?